Homemade (thats what Casareccia means ;) ) Healthy (as possible) Pizza. Incredibly easy and delicious.
And a bit kind to your waist.
Pizza CasarecciaHomemade (thats what Casareccia means ;) ) Healthy (as possible) Pizza. Incredibly easy and delicious. And a bit kind to your waist.Anju Purushot
Self Raising Flour
Instant Yeast .
Chicken, boneless, diced
Cheddar Cheese, sliced into small
- Add the yeast & sugar together and pour lukewarm water into it. Let it lie for about 10 minutes or until you see froth forming on the surface.
- In the meantime, start boiling the diced chicken in water with a teeny pinch of salt. I found leaving the chicken in water to simmer for a while than have it cooked in boiling water, made the chicken soft than tough. Similary in a separate stage, boil the broccoli in water until soft and tender.
- by this time the yeast should have risen. Add in the flour , oil and salt and knead the mixture together, by hand is good as well if you dont have a processor.
- Check the consistency of the dough. It needs to be soft but NOT watery and have an elastic feel to it. Feel free to add more dough in to adjust the consistency of the dough.
- Transfer the kneaded dough into a well oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with a lid or soft cloth and keep to the side, preferably somewhere dark and cool for an hour or until the dough has risen to twice its size
- By now the chicken and the broccol should be done. Transfer to the side. In a small pan add a little olive oil, once heated add in the tomato puree. Give it a 3 minute toss and then add in the ginger, pepper, oregano and salt to taste.
- Adjust the ingredients until you find the right taste for the sauce. Make sure the sauce is teeny bit runny to be able to spread over the dough
- Preheat the oven to a maximum of 220 C and get the baking tray out !
- Once the dough has risen, take it out onto a floured board and knead once more. Here again if the dough feels wet, feel free to add some more flour to it. Remember it needs to be elastic and soft not hard or runny.
- Roll out the dough into a thin crust, the size should be around 10" in diameter. Lightly grease your baking tray with oil and transfer the dough onto the same
- Spread the sauce on the base leaving about 1/2 inch on the edges free. Place the cooked Chicken, Broccoli and black olives on top.
- Place the tray into the oven. Give it around 10 minutes, you should see the dough rising on the edges.
- Pull the tray out and spread the shredded cheese and place the tray back into the oven
- leave it for another 5 minutes. Once you see the edges forming a nice brown tinge take the tray out. Leaving it for longer will make the crust hard and may burn the cheese
- Enjoy fresh homebaked pizza ! Slice into how many ever portions you need and thank me ;)