It started out as a Miso Soup until I realized that I don't have any miso paste. So I improvised.
Addition of Shrimp is not necessary if you don't have it.
Also Oyster mushrooms cook faster and taste sweeter but any mushroom will do. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Thaw and Saute the shrimp until pink. Keep aside
- Saute the mushrooms and tofu lightly in a pan
- Pour the broth into the pan, let it boil and then simmer
- after 5 minutes, add the cooked shrimp & ginger paste in. let it simmer for 5 - 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, mix the soy sauce and the tomato paste together and keep aside
- whisk the egg and slowly add to the broth while stirring. Let it simmer for 5 more minutes
- take about half cup of the broth and mix into the soy sauce/tomato ketchup paste until all the ingredients are well mixed
- add this mixture to the broth and stir. Leave for about a minute or so and take it off the gas
- spoon into bowls and serve garnished with green onions